Sunday, March 16, 2008
COOS BAY COAST TRIP
Yesterday my dad, brothers David and Jeremy and I drove up to Coos Bay and from there hiked a total of about 8 miles. The point of this trip was to see two shipwrecks. The first one we saw was of the "New Carrissa" that shipwrecked just a little off the coast line. The other ship is called "George Wood" It wrecked on the coast and would usually be covered with sand. A storm came and removed all that sand-The last time it was fully uncovered was about 60 years ago- The "New Carrissa" carried oil and the other carried wood. It was a really fun trip and I'm so glad the weather stayed nice! It rained basically the whole way there- and again as soon as we left. The Oregon Coast is amazing- We actually found 8 whole sand dollars- I'll always remember the pretty blue sky that seems to always be there-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're cute, RaeMiss. I'm happy you got a blog. And your profile pic is hot! The sad thing is, since you put your pics from the coast trip on the side, I can't click on them and see them better....But that aside, your blog looks great! I didn't know the New Carissa was still in the ocean. That's pretty bad. They should really do something about it. Anyway, I love love love love LOVE you!
My profile pic was actually taken near the rogue river- it was a pipe thing that sewer water came from- but with the rocks and water in the background you cant really tell- where I was sitting wasnt wet at the time- anyhow- that's the pic that I gave to yearbook- I like it too- love ya back lanette...
Post a Comment