In early April my sister Karina and I were able to attend Conference in SLC. It was the first time for both of us and for the most part it was really fun. We went to the Saturday A.M. session and it was neat to be there for the solemn assembly first hand. We had darn good seats too! After conference we walked around temple square, and went to Deseret Book. The daughter of one of my YW leaders took us to the Cheesecake factory- however the wait was a long time- so we bought a piece each and then had lunch at the mall. I chose banana cream cheesecake and it was DELICIOUS!! I loved seeing Shaun and Lanette again- they are great hosts. We went to Sub Zero. At Sub Zero they start with liquid ice cream- and then you can add mix ins etc- and then they freeze it with liquid nitrogen. It is pretty intense to watch- We also had a tour of BYU- courtesy Shaun and Lanette, and watched National Treasure (the first one) Sunday morning, the 4 of us had breakfast and watched the Sunday A.M. conference session with the Eldredges. It was splendid seeing Tracey and Laura again after who knows how long...I think I had more breakfast that morning than I had lunch and dinner the rest of the trip! It was really good and very fun. Thank you Eldredges!
This last Wednesday, I was able to attend a baptism for a guy my age, he was baptised by a priest in our ward - who had taken part in converting him. It was really neat witnessing the event- He's been active in church for the past 2 months. The two friends met while working at Papa Murphey's. It's fun to think about those little things that matter so much. There was a reason why Sterling chose to work at Papa Murphey's- if either one had gotten a job elsewhere- this story would be very different. I've always admired converts, especially those whose family aren't members (yet..)
Thursday night, I went to a choir concert to watch some friends sing solos or duets or quartets- I wasn't able to stay for all of it- cause I had play practice- but I enjoyed what I was able to see and hear!! My friends all have amazing voices and I am so jealous...
Friday night GPHS had the first ever "Air Guitar Competition" in the state of Oregon. I had a couple friends and some acquaintances in it and they all did well. It is something that every high school should do. It was amazing how well some played air guitar- I wish our camera worked better- I tried filming part of it, but the recording would stop after about 3o seconds- and the camera would delay when taking pictures- but it was still fun.
Saturday morning Jeremy, dad and I went on a hike to Rainie falls about 41.23 minutes from
home-- the hike itself was about 4 miles and there were some places where you had to step in water spots- its kinda hard to explain- The weather was perfect- about 70 with a breeze- and I love hiking next to water (except with thin loose gravel trail- and a cliff with a river underneath you- that's scary- but every other time I love it !) and I like the smell of water and rocks etc- another one of my quirks. (sorry the pictures are kinda dark)
Saturday night we had a stake roadshow- we'd been practicing for a few weeks- and from what I've heard it went well- I was a cheerleader- all the other children were 12 or younger- so it made me feel kinda old- but it was a blast. A former cheer coach at GPHS came up with the moves, and then I helped teach, and lead the children the cheer. It would have been fun to have matching outfits- but it didn't work like that- oh well...
Today, Jeremy lost another tooth- He thought it was ready to come out- so my mom examined it a little bit and told him to wait- and a little later- he asked me to try to get it out- so I did- After he cleaned it etc- He told me to put it in his top drawer in a white clear box- so I did- and found that he had at least 10 other teeth collected in that box. I asked "You're collecting your teeth? Why not just get money from the tooth fairy?" He replied "Haven't I always? If I don't give them to the tooth fairy now- I can collect them and get a whole bunch of money all at once..." (He is one smart cookie- )Well, this has been a very long post- I am very excited for the next two weeks when Lanette and Shaun are driving up here, and David is leaving (I am NOT excited about that...) and going to Springfield for Church Prom!!! Yippee!!! Later-
Sunday, April 13, 2008
One long, busy week...
Wow!! It has been so long since I have added to this blog! I have been really busy with a bunch of stuff- with family, friends, work, meetings- life has been hectic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are so cute. :) We love you and can't wait to see you super soon--less than a week now!
Post a Comment