I've been slackin' with this blog. Actually, I've just been really busy. Since my last entry I have gone to my high school's prom- I have had my last day of high school (Wooo!) and will be graduating from seminary tomorrow evening, and from high school on Friday! I also had a lot of miscellaneous things like making my grad. announcements, which I haven't finished or sent out (sorry guys! You'll get one eventually...) fulfilling church callings, taking finals, finding work, and keeping busy with shopping, boys, friends, and the norm. LOL. Its been fun though.
So, starting with prom. I went with a group of friends. I didn't know him quite as well as I should have- but he seemed like a really nice guy. My friends introduced us at homecoming, but besides that and having lunch at my house every once in a while with some other friends, we never really saw each other very much. So anyhow- he asked me to prom, and after going to ice cream with him, we got to know each other better and he asked to meet my dad (already knew my mom) So he came over to lunch again and met my dad and had a nice little chat...
Prom night itself was fun- could have been better- but I'll settle for fun. I got my hair done by a lady in our ward- it was amazing- just as I wanted it. Another lady I helped clean for did my nails. Without them- I wouldn't have looked half as nice!! At dinner, Todd started to act different, and from there things just got awkward- he expected me to do things that I had no intention of doing, like we were more than friends (but more like acquaintance..)I think he was a little disappointed. So the whole night I was on my guard. I think he was acting this way because so many others around us were. It wasn't like him and I was kinda confused about it all- I had a lot of friends there and loved seeing their dresses- took lots of pictures- (which I don't have yet- but should soon :) The whole thing was planned nicely (the guys planned everything) but with my date acting a little weird, the night wasn't quite how I had hoped. After the dance, the guys had set up a nice romantic candlelit table with cheesecake and pretty music in the back ground. It was terrific.
Now for my last day in high school- I only had two finals- I took the others ahead of time. I lost my voice on Friday (the last day- Its not too good considering I'm giving a talk at seminary graduation tomorrow night..) But it was good to talk (even though my voice was gone- I'd start laughing and my voice would either squeak or not work at all- I must have looked odd) We had to have our "check out cards" signed by each teacher and other certain staff members. On the cards there were photos of us from kindergarten up until that year- so the teachers would make us show them our photos before they signed. EVERYONE commented on my baby cheeks, looking the same, and always having the same boring hairstyle... yep- its what I expected- actually I didn't expect any of that because I didn't think they'd have pix of me from back then since we moved out of the district- other friends who moved out of the district didn't have any- but I did- but my pictures were never too embarrassing-
This week will be a fun one- Monday night I am going to a Baccalaureate thing at the school- its sounds interesting, and I have some friends participating in it. Tuesday is a our final check out day- getting final signatures from staff etc- paying any fines- my lit teacher and I and some other friends are doing a tea party- and I'll be saying my final good bye to my other teachers. Wednesday our whole senior class (about 500 ish) and senior teachers- are all going on Hellgate. Its part of the Rogue River- its a boat thing that goes super duper fast and does 360s in the water, and flips etc- supposedly- you get soaked. Last time I checked the forecast was set for "Rain" whats new? So whether the boat man does tricks or not- we'll get wet! After the boat trip we are doing a BBQ back at the school. MMMM. And Friday I graduate!!! YIIIPPPEEE!!!
I called my cousin Jonathon, and he's hoping to drive up for my graduation- I think it'd be amazing if he could come. If not, the three of us are still planning on going skydiving with my cousin Courtney in August. But I'd love it if he could come down. We'll see ;)
For memorial day, we went to the Redwoods. I'd been there before, but I think I actually realized the difference between the trees there, then in my neighborhood. I went with My parents and Jeremy and Sam. I'll have some pictures from that posted soon.
Whew! I've been so busy! This post is very long, and its late and should probably rest my vocal chords so I can give my talk tomorrow- Thanks Yall for your support-
I'll get some pictures up here soon!
~Rachel~
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment