Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Joys of June

So, I am now an official high school graduate- I graduated from Grants Pass High School on the 6th - my cousin Jonathon drove all the way from Tremonten UT (did I spell that right?) to see me graduate-it was great seeing him and hanging out for the week he was here. It was really windy and cold- and took what seemed like forever to get my diploma- I graduated with a class of 550- 600 students and there were rows and rows and rows of students- and I was in one of the first rows (and to add to all this slow moving stuff- I had to go to the bathroom through out the majority of it- just my luck ; )


After I got home- Jonathon and I went to McDonalds for a late night splurge on fast food and then we drove home and ate it in my dad's little car.When we finished and I got to our front door- there was a big huge candy card with words of wisdom written on it from family members-



"Eat Ice Cream" (David)
"Thou shalt not kill" (Jacob)
"Don't do drugs" (Karina)
"Everything in its place, and everything in its time.." (MOM)
"Don't borrow cars that have an empty gas tank" (DAD )
-- bytheway- I forgot to mention that on my way to the high school for the senior class pictures I ran out of gas... - so I wasn't in the pictures...oh well)

There were other fantastic pieces of advice- most were a little more serious. My family had blown up tons of blue and white balloons and taped them around the door frame and the floor- as I opened the door- Jacob was there with a needle popping them with his crazy psycho laugh.

That night was the Senior all night party- which I had a BLAST at. There were so many fun things to do (Cash Grab, pictures, raffles with REALLY good prizes and everyone got at least one thing, they had air brushing for our senior tee shirt, gambling, blow up toys, good food (which I should have taken advantage of) billards, anyhow- they had a lot of fun things- you didnt get bored- and it actually went by really fast) - I took a lot of photos and wasn't even tired by the end of it all- everyone was drinking energy drinks and still half asleep- and all I drank was water- no soda or food- nothin' - just water. So anyhow- I ended up winning $27 and an ihome thing for ipods--

I drove home after it was over around 5:30 am- and then left for Springfield for 6:30 am (same day-) I slept the two hours there- and a little in the car while my mom and Jonathon went to Jerry's- then I was off to the Hult Center for Thurston's Graduation- which my friend Kayla surprisingly got tickets for- and enjoyed the ceremony lots- great speakers and music-- (and even though it was dark, and I had had approx 3 hours of sleep- I didnt even fall asleep!!)

Anyhow- I enjoyed visiting Springfield, I was also able to go to the Thurston All Night Party- which I won an additional $20 bucks from and had a good time seeing friends and catching up on life. They had big blow up slides and obstacle courses and of course poker, and black jack- and other fun activities. After the all night party- Whitney and I met some friends at Mountain Gate and watched the sun rise from the south- good time ;) Monday morning before we left, my friends Brittany, Cassie and I met at IHOP for breakfast. We had a good time just laughing and talking. My visit was short- and I barely got any rest, but I had a great time visiting with old friends and church leaders.

After we got home- I took a REALLY long nap. A couple of REALLY long naps actually. One night Jonathon and I decided to go forking. We dressed in weird PJ pants and wore a black shirt or jacket and black hats and other funky things- so we forked my friend Jordyn and had a lot of fun doing that. After we forked Jordyn- we went to Walmart in our wacky clothes and got some weird looks- especially since Jonathon was in a really short karate robe and brightly colored PJs- but its Walmart- so who cares? I also took Jonathon to "The Pharmacy"- which is a popular place to get phospates and other treats-

(This is Jonathon and I forking- well, after we went forking-)


Anyway- this is getting long so I'm gonna wrap it up- Jonathon left for home Saturday morning- we enjoyed having him around- and I'm glad I had the chance to get to know him better.

5 comments:

Lanette said...

You're cute Rachey. Mom said you had a hot date right around graduation...Why didn't you write about that?!?

Rachel said...

Haha- it wasn't a big deal- an R.M. who used to serve in our stake returned home (Nova Scotia, Canada ) and came back to visit - and so he and I went dancing the day before graduation-and since I was going out of town the day after graduation - we weren't able to go out again- and he had left when I came back home... I think that's what mom is talking about...

Lanette said...

So, BYU-Idaho gets a new scholar I hear! WOOT! Go Sis :)

Hailey & Jared said...

hey rachel! Its crazy that you are all grown up now! I'm getting sooooo old!

Rachel said...

Hailey, you're not getting old!! Haha- oh well "it happens to the best of us.."