Last Friday a bunch of friends from my ward in chuch and I decided to go down and apply for a job at Harry and David- they are known world wide for their truffles and pears etc--It's been said that if you apply in a group of 5 or so Harry and David is really good about hiring them all for the same shift- so i went down and applied with a group of friends, hoping we could get different jobs, but the same shift so we could all car pool, whereas the job is in Medford (a 30 min drive on a good day) and with gas... yeah- so anyhow- they called me the next day and I had my interview this morning (Monday)- I was hired on the spot- so far the others havnt been contacted- but its only been 3 days since we applied, they said if they havnt heard back within a week to check up with them- Anyhow- so I'll be starting work there this Wednesday- The pay is better than excellent.. I'll be getting almost $400 a week!!! ...I also get a 30% discount on anything and everything! ...and basically it'd looked better on my job records than McDonalds or Fred Meyer (which I did apply to both- and neither hired me- ) So I am very excited about that-
I got my badge and parking pass and all that good stuff this morning, they even gave me a box of truffles as a welcoming present :)
Oh- and just for fun I added some pictures... just for kicks-actually, i think i got a little carried away :/



4 comments:
Congrats Babe! When will you blog about your honey lover?
PS--That was me, Lanette...obviously. :) Shaun sends his love as well.
"Honey Lover"? Why don't I know about this? All I can say is that working at H&D will keep you out of trouble for a little while! Whew! Just so you all know... the truffles at H&D are awesome! Thanks for sharing Rachel! Love ya!
Oh gosh- I am never going to share my "honey lover" updates once I'm in college- good grief! haha- no joke though--
Post a Comment