Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend.... so far.

FRDAY* Joseph and I had been planning on going up to Yellowstone this weekend. However, the others that had invited us decided to leave Saturday morning, instead of Sunday night; so I worked all day Saturday instead- Joey felt bad about me not being able to go, so we decided to go to the dunes and roast marshmallows instead, which was a lot of fun. I love the smell of camp fire. We made a lot of smores. I came home that night to find out I would be the only one here all weekend- 

SATURDAY* Kellie is in Germany (until July :(  ) Justina went to UT last minute, and Laura decided to go with her man friend to SLC- so Saturday after working for a good part of the day, came home- turned up MY music full blast (no one next door or underneath my apt are home either... otherwise I'd turned it down) I made myself thanksgiving dinner, inlcuding the potatoes, chicken instead of turkey) and stuffing, and sprite (I splurged and bought sprite to help my spirits...) ... practiced my dance routine, took a long nice oil bath (I got $80 in store credit at Melaleuca for my first month of working there- so I used $3 of it to buy some bath oil, which is amazing- I'd hear a lot of good things about it and for once, the rumors were all true!!) I just read, and watched movies and had a good time. I only had one rule : no thinking about homework til Monday/Tuesday. I also took a nice long walk, as long a walk as you can have in a small city like Rexburg. I ran into my friend Daniel- and he and I decided to bake cookies together, so we did. He stayed and chatted with me for a few hours, invited me to go watch the sun set and go "jammin' " with some other buddies, but I decided to instead go to bed early. 

SUNDAY* Church today NO ONE was there. I was one in about 10 girls in RS (even after combining all the RS classes) Brandon (FHE bro) came over to keep me company,  and we made pancakes (usually we'd have about 30 ppl over for our pancake fests each Sunday, but the majority of people are of course out of town, so it was just me and him) we talked for a good 2 hrs- and I think he's planning on coming over again later tonight. I was also invited by a friend Johnathan over for a game night tonight, which I'm excited for too- he slept through the pancakes, so he decided he'd invited me over for games to make up for it. Just after Brandon left two other guys from church came by with cookies- I guess there's more people in town afterall... most of them are just guys- one of them; Kelsey, said "I want to go stadium singing tonight,  but I have one rule- I only go if a girl, who is not  in a relationship of any kind asks me to go with her..." then there was awkward silence.... and I finally said "Well Kelsey, if I am still awake and want to go, I'll be sure to call you." and then he said "Good! I'll pick you up 15 til" and winked at me....so.... I guess that means I'm going stadium singing tonight.  Not sure how all of this is going to work tonight...but I guess I'll find a way to have time for all of it. Gotta love BYU-I.  At church my FHE "dad" asked if I'd be interested in going to the lake as FHE for Monday.... I will be the only girl though with 6 FHE  bros... it'll be fun!!! :D Its going to be kinda stormy tonight, there was some thunder and a little lightning earlier today, but it'll be fun going to the lake tomorrow either way.

So to keep me busy, and in between breaks with homework and on line tests I'll have to go visit some other friends who'll be getting back tomorrow or tuesday.... like Miguel, and Holly, and Victory and Joseph and Hannah, Ashley, Breanna..... But I think I'll be enjoying the quiet peace in the meantime. Happy Memorial Day!!!

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

I feel kind of bad for you - all alone in your apartment. Then I counted the number of boys that had been involved in your weekend. Hmm... I don't feel bad anymore. ENJOY!

Rachel said...

Ya, except hanging out with most those boys doesn't necessarily mean "fun"--