Last Friday, my friend Victory (I know her from my old ward, we were in seperate RS classes though) stayed the night. Since there are only 3 girls in an apt for 6, we have a whole room we dont use- so we use it for when we have friends stay the night. Victory and I made homemade pizza, watched lightning and listened to the thunder. We talked, and caught up- she talked about this dance and how she wanted to play "How to host a murderer" before the dance- but needed 4 couples...so I ended up getting kinda roped into going. So I thought about who I should ask, and ask "him"-- good story... I'll have to share the details in my asking later- it was fun to come up with a creative way.
Work is starting to get a little better, I've been getting some strange callers.... one was loopy, and obviously on drugs- he repeated everything, and then started whinning and whimpering in the middle of the call... I also had a guy call who I guess hadn't been feeling well... cause half way through he threw up over the phone....sadly enough, I heard everything. Gross. I also had a lady call, asking for her picture to be included in our next catalog.... I guess it keeps work interesting. For some reason though, I'm the only one on my team who gets the weird stories, so its fun to share them and make my co workers laugh.
Last Saturday after work, I took a long nap, and my roomy Laura made dinner for me... guess she thought I was sick. It was really good, she's awesome. Thanks Laura!!! The rest of the night I just read and was able to relax. She is so good, she is one of my favorite people to talk with. She's going to be a great missionary :D
I think Sundays are starting to become my favorite day of the week. We have visitors constantly coming and going. Our home teachers are amazing, and come nearly every week just to chat with us....we get other random visiters bringing us cookies, or rolls for whatever reason.... guys coming to invite us to game nights- I also have pancake parties every Sunday that basically just guys come to, and sometimes the girls downstairs if they have time. Hannah and I have also been talking nearly every night, I'll either go to her apt or she'll come to mine and we'll chat and visit for hours and hours. I love her. She always makes me feel better. We both have a lot of guys, confusing guys- so we laugh, and try to make sense of things they say or/ and do. Girls are the best (or the worst) at over analyzing, but its good to have a friend there doing it with you :D
Tuesday, President Henry B Eyering came to speak to us at devotional. It was amazing- he spoke just to this college. He said some things I'd never heard before, details the first presidency hasn't been too open about making BYU-ID into a 4 yr college, building a temple here etc but it was great to hear. I love going to devotional each Tuesday. I love getting a spiritual hangover every time.
Thursday night Jessie surprised me with a visit from Keshia. The three of us went to Broulims, picked out what to eat for dinner- came home, dimmed the lights got some romantic music goin' and enjoyed our salads with almonds/raspberries/cantelope and other delicious toppings :D


Friday night, my roommate Justina and I made a fort in our living room. It was a blast- I was excited for it all week. I had some friends call and invite me to an outside dance, but I preferred to stay home and do some roommate bonding. So we got some cheap pizza, rented a redbox (Taken, I've seen it so much- and I love it everytime) and we made cupcakes- Laura joined us as well :D )
Saturday I worked, work was pretty good. People kept asking why I was so happy and smiley- it was cause I had a hot date that night....I got home, was surprised by my roommate with a Jamba Juice, which we shared and then got ready lickity split.... and you know what? My date ended up being very hot indeed. We played the "how to host a murderer" game, ate homemade pizza- talked a lot......it was good fun, eventhough we never ended up going to the dance.
Today has been very busy, but fun- I of course had people over for pancakes. My hometeacher came, and in front of the rest of the guys, asked how my love life was... haha. Ian is the best. I love having him visit every Sunday. I owe him for scaring off some of the guys!!! Well, I have a meeting and a fireside so I'd better get going, but I didn't want to neglect this for too long!!
Maybe I'll get some more pictures posted relating to my last 2 weeks....

1 comment:
Wow! You 'girls' are so creative! Forts, Romantic dinners with salad! Keep it up! Love ya, MOM
Post a Comment