I had a great birthday :)
Sunday night, I had friends over pancake/ waffle fest. It was a good turn out...Nate and Pete (2 co-workers of mine at Little Caesars) gave me a HUGE glass jar of pickles (inside joke...haha...) and also the game Catch Phrase (which I LOVE!!!) I was so excited, it took me forever to actually open the packaging. My mom sent me a (much anticipated) 3 in 1 waffle maker, which I used for the first time that night. It was hard not to open it when it was first delivered a week or so earlier...it was worth the wait :)
My actual birthday consisted of going to work (We had school orders, so it was an early, early start but my supervisor brought us donuts :D ) Nate (my co-worker) had his mom bake and bring in a small lemon cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. It was delicious. They wouldn't let me share it, so I ate the whole thing by myself....When I got home Cara had decorated my bedroom door with balloons and stickers, and gave me a couple small gifts. It was really thoughtful of her. **to back track, with the help of roommate prayer/ scripture study etc she and I have been able to get along better, although she does get a little crazy still every once in a while...like the morning I woke up to her lying beside me, playing with my hair- kinda creepy...we had a long talk about that....but overall it could be a lot worse.** Cara and I partied for a little bit...and then I started feeling sick from all the unhealthiness (I don't usually eat a lot of sugar, so it doesn't take much for me to start feeling sick from it.) So I ended up postponing some plans and taking a much needed nap.
Last year I started a tradition of running barefoot outside in the snow for the whole minute I was born. (Last year, the 5 friends I had celebrated my birthday with and I ended up going outside 5 extra times- that's how much fun it is!!! Really.) This year, there wasn't any fresh snow, so it was like running on sharp glass...with all the ice/ hard snow etc...but I'm glad I continued the tradition anyway. It had been below zero that night, so so so cold!!! Needless to say, I ran for NO MORE than that one minute...BRRR!!!
Keshia had made a two layer Angel food cake and decorated it with strawberries and goodness on top. We all met at Jessie's house, Keshia drove all the way from Blackfoot....when we answered the door for her, her head was down as she explained how she slipped and the cake was destroyed....I still hadn't put my shoes back on, without thinking about any broken glass I reassured her it couldn't be completely ruined- so I took a fresh plate from Jessie's kitchen and a spatula and walked outside (feet still numb haha, I'm a genius) we did manage to save the top layer, the bottom layer had too much glass mixed in. We cleaned the mess up, and went inside...she had bought a John Deere tractor figurine to put on top, we put 20 matches on the cake ....I finally put my shoes on (thankfully, I had no glass in my foot but probably wouldn't have felt it anyways...I take after my mom, my barefoot self .) They sang to me, I made a wish, blew out my matches and starting eating the deliciousness...after a bit, we decided some healthy dinner food might be a good idea- so we went to Applebees. I got a free "shooter" dessert, and enjoyed a very good Asian Grilled Chicken Salad with almonds and other good stuff. I opened Keshia's present, a VERY cute cowgirl button up from C-A-L Ranch. She has good taste. I love it. We went on a short drive, all 3 of us sitting in the front seat of Jessie's car, just talking and laughing. It was simple and perfect.
That's all I have time for now- I have much more to post, and I need to try to upload that Attack at Little Caesars video...but at least I have some pictures up now!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment