Sunday, March 21, 2010
China
As I walked through the door after church today Cara rushed to greet me and told me there was someone waiting for me in the living room she wanted me to meet...my first thought was ah crap, not again, no more weird creepy boys for Cara to set me up with- well, to my delight it was instead a native from China, who was more than willing to sit down and talk with me one on one and to answer any of my questions about teaching there. It was awesome. I learned a lot, and he has a lot of connections there in various cities and areas that I could use to find church meetings, or travel/ tour guides or anything else I may need or want during my stay. He gave me a lot of advice and has me even more excited to go. It was a fabulous surprise. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you know where, in China you'll be at?
I will most likely be in Hunan (South Central China- mostly rural flatlands, and rice farms)~OR~ Shanghai (Central Eastern China- huge industry, over 18 million in population...I believe that is where Jayzia is from, or a smaller community near there at least)But I wont know for sure until a month before departure, and even then its not for sure.
Post a Comment