Happy Mothers Day!! There are so many amazing women out there who have influenced me in so many ways, some of which I probably haven't even realized yet. My mom is #1 on that list. I love my mom's sense of humor, her positive, encouraging attitude...she's down to earth, and always listens and ready to give advice...and honest, even if what she has to say hurts. I admire her so much and grateful at how well she raised me and my family. The lesson today had nothing to do with mothers, but made me reflect a lot on the homes we lived in while growing up. We always had pictures of family, temples, Christ etc - Home brought a sense of relief and safety, and comfort. I remember coming home to smelling homemade sugary goodness often, and always coming home to a mom eager to hear about how life was going. If something exciting happened at school, I couldn't wait to go home and tell mom-- I'd always retell the happenings of the day in my mind, and arrange the perfect story in a way my mom would laugh the hardest (without exaggerating the story too much...) just to hear her laugh...it always meant so much to me. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble- but mom, I love you and appreciate you making so much time for me (and us) throughout every decision, trial, joy...no matter how many other commitments and activities you have going on (which is always a handful :D )
Last night Courtney and James picked me up from So. Weber and the three of us drove up to Logan. We dropped by one of her friend's wedding reception, and afterwards we all celebrated with Randy, JoAnn, Nate and his wife Trina (and their 4 month old boy James) and Matt, and Lindsey...and other folks too. I had a blast talking to Laura. She just got her masters. She and I talked about China (she taught in Taiwan) and had so much to catch up on. It was so great. We stayed the night with them, one of the funnest nights of the year so far. Laura, Courtney and I had a blast; sleeping bags on the floor, making up bedtime stories, laughing a lot...I am so glad to have more chances to meet, and see more often family members I haven't had the chance to see in so long. I have a great family. Congrats Laura and Happy Birthday to Matt, and Nathan!!!
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! So glad you got to see some of the family =)
Love you!
Post a Comment