Wednesday, June 23, 2010

CHINA...is a GO!


Ni Hao!!!

I found out last night that I got accepted to teach English in China this fall. I'm leaving between April 16-20th sometime and will be flying out of SLC. I'm pretty excited. I'll find out what area specifically and what ages I'll be teaching later this month, though nothing is set in stone until after I arrive- so things may change. I'm anxious to leave, but I also feel kinda nervous. It hasn't quite set in yet, but as I focus on preparing lesson plans and becoming familiar with Chinese culture (and watching Mulan in Mandarin Chinese half a dozen more times!!!) I'll become even more anxious to go. It'll be quite an experience to say the least!!


I will also be able to spend 3 days in Hong Kong, where we'll live in temple housing and do one baptismal session in the Hong Kong China Temple for each of those 3 days.


4 comments:

Lanette said...

YAYAY!!!! CONGRATS! You're not leaving til April? Is that a typo? I thought it was August? Love you!

Jacob said...

Grats. It should be a good experience for you. How much Chinese will you have to learn? Have fun!

Emily said...

What a FUN adventure that's going to be!! I'm SO excited for you! Congratulations :)

Rachel said...

Lanette- yes, it should be August :) haha, my bad...Jacob- I will know very little Chinese before I go, just the very basics, but by the time I return home I'll know a little bit more!!