Just for fun (and to keep myself busy :P ) I decided to make a recipe book
One side I will put together some simple "American" dishes that I could easily cook in China- I've spoken with a couple people who have some dishes they made themselves while living in China that they've recommended...then on the back, and upside down is where I'll collect Chinese recipes. My students will be old enough, and living in the same apt building- it is quite possibly I could learn from them how to cook traditional meals, and take pictures doing so- in the end, it'll be a recipe scrapbook of my time in China.
The American Recipes Side:


I've also spoken with Sara, who will be my roommate- she and I are planning on cooking a little as well, and she'll actually be celebrating her birthday while we're M.I.A.- it'll be fun (and quite comical) with the two of us cooking together. We have both had some major laughs while learning from our mistakes when it comes to cooking.
I also made a journal, I'll keep a typed journal on my laptop of what I do each day, class improvement etc (more of a diary I guess...) but this journal is specifically for thoughts, and insights/ things I learn etc. It's been a lot of fun making them- pretty easy too!!
The Front (which to we Americans would actually be the back...)


No comments:
Post a Comment