Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nothin' New

I cant really sleep tonight- so I thought I'd take a minute and update my blog-- work is going well, I'm starting to really love going actaully- everything makes me happy. The people I work with are ...interesting- lack of a better word- but I have really enjoyed talking to them. I'm starting to get a little more responisbility and praise at work- it makes me feel a little more worthwhile- the other day the area coordinater where I was stationed for that time gave me her radio- and I even got to use it a few times- I loved it. I have the greatest stories from work- I'll have to share a couple one of these days- haha- so far I have only worked one saturday... so it hasnt interfered with my church commitments- last saturday was the general RS broadcast, this week is general conference- if I had worked I wouldnt have been able to attend either- so I am very grateful I had both saturdays off. I'm afraid my sleeping issues are getting worse however- some nights I get home- and although I'm dead tired, I cant settle my thoughts and just lie in bed for an hour or more until I give up and bake something... once i made rolls, another sugar cookies, another night I made brownies- yeah, I dont mind not sleeping at all-- but then when I do start to get tired I never wake up... which can become an issue... I'm still trying to volunteer a little in kindergarten- I always miss the kids when I cant go, and they ask why I'm not there-- so cute- I LOVE KIDS!!! I've ended up not doing the community college down here... it would have been a little much- and I forgot to take the placement tests, which are required before you register- I wanted to wait until I got familiar with work and then before I knew it- it was too late- I'll figure out a good replacement though-

Thats pretty much the best update I can come up with at this time of night- it probably doesnt make the best of sense- but I'll work on it and revise when I've got the time-

2 comments:

Lanette said...

I remember when I worked night custodial I'd get home at 1:30 or 2 am and not be able to go to sleep for a while. I'd eat cereal, play on facebook, do homework, write about Shaun in my journal...lol. I totally know what you mean. BUT, your baking projects sound like long ordeals! Maybe you should try something quicker--for example, write a journal entry. That will make you tired. Or write a blog. :)

I didn't know you're volunteering for Kindergarten! Fun! I am so jealous. Sounds like you're keeping busy--I think community college might make it too much, so it's probably good you're not doing that.

Shaun and I have found a man for you to marry. Ask me if you want details. Love you!

Rachel said...

Yeah, I've been starting to do all those things- and yes, Kindergarten is very fun- it makes my whole week when I'm able to pop in- oh, and about that guy you found for me? No details needed-haha- but thanks for the thought :) Love ya Sis