Thursday, October 9, 2008

Story From Work :D

A few Fridays ago this one guy during our shift decided he needed to use the restroom. While he is doing his business, a man in the next stall points a gun at him from underneath and says "Give Me All Your Money Or I'll Shoot You!!" The guy didnt have any money on him- and before the bad man shot him, 2 other guys walk in- and the bad guy ran out-- the only thing security had to go off was his shoe type- they arrested a guy, the wrong guy...I havnt heard of any additional arrestings... so this guy just might be working with us still- he is an employee for sure- their security is really tight in getting inside the building- but yeah, This all happened while I was busy working and had no clue what had happened until hours later- true story :) When I heard this, I couldnt help but chuckle- just imagining the confusion of being robbed at gun point with your pants down low in the bathroom...oh dear- I'll have plenty more good (and true!!) stories in the future- - however, some of them are the kind where you just had to have been there-yall are missin out on some good stuff...

So yes, just a tiny update- work is going well... we got off early last Friday which was nice. Well, actually out of our little carpool group- it was just Me and Johnathan who got off work early, Holly didnt get off until the normal time- So having nothing else to do, Johnathan and I went back to GP to my house where he watched politics with my dad and I, for a change- was able to actually see and talk to my siblings (With my work schedule, I leave for work right when Sam gets home- and am asleep or already at work when the others are home-) And then we drove back to pick Holly up- it had been a nice break from work and I've been craving an early night ever since...I am excited for Halloween, we dont get it off work of course, but they are giving us candy and are encouraging us to dress up- a lot of the people I work with have kids or grand kids who are young enough to trick or treat- so they will all be calling in "sick"--- so there wont be very many people at work... I'm hoping it'll be a slower day than usual- faster days with fewer people arent really all that great-

Work is pretty much my life right now- I have enjoyed spending a lot of time with my really good friend Holly, she stayed the night with me this last week- good times. So yeah, thats pretty much it- nothin too exciting...




Here is a picture of Holly and I- I had been REALLY angry at a certain someone that night and Holly put up with all my grumblings, made cookies with me, took me forking (it was our good friend Pat's Bday... anyhow- all after seeing the movie "Eagle Eye" in theatres and shoppin a bit... actually- after all that she even came back to my house (it was after Midnight) where we watched 13 going on 30- we had such a good time--hours upon hours of fun- I am so excited that she'll be at BYU-ID as well this winter- we are going to have a blast :)

**Pat is the Stake Patriarch's wife, one of Holly's former seminary/YW teachers- and she is just amazing- we randomly show up at her house, play games, watch movies and just have the greatest time-she has a daughter our age, but she is rarely home because of all her activities and school etc-

And of course, this was our end result- I had forgotten how big her yard was... we needed more balloons- but its all good- Pat really liked them- we went over the next day, her birthday, and talked with her for a few hours as well-she really liked what we did-

No comments: