Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween and Good News From Work :)

****DONT FORGET TO VOTE!!!It will be my first year being able to vote- It has been hard keeping up with all the politics- I have looked into things a little bit, not as much as I should or want to though-I'm anxious to see how things turn out



I met up with McCain and Obama at the YSA dance in SMedford- so weird!!! Who would have thought- actually yeah, seeing the two slow dance was a little odd I admit-


I got Halloween off from work- not because it was Halloween, rather we are ahead of the usual standard for this time of year. So I got to sleep in, eat a whole lot more than I usually would have (and I'm not talking about sweets...) Michele and her son Isaac came over for some before he, Jeremy and Sam went pizzatrick or treating- After they left, a guy from my ward, Sean- called me and invited me to go out to dinner (@ Sharis)with him and a few others from singles ward, then they were all going to carpool down to S Medford and go to the there- I agreed to do dinner, but didnt want to drive ALLLLL the way down to S Medford on my day off (I drive the 45 min on any normal week day- so didnt feel it'd be worth it, I wanted to just stay home and watch a good movie with friends there...) But anyhow- they convinced me of course (doesnt take much...) and so the 5 drove together- Since the dance was hosted my Medford, I assumed there would be a lot of people there... however.... there wasnt. It was still a lot of fun- I had a good time. The music could have been better, but they did play some good stuff I dont hear very often...Sean tried to Halloween danceswing dance with me...I was kinda scared to try some of his tricks (you know the flipping in the air- or swinging around the waist... or tipping you with one hand way down low...)- I guess he was pretty desperate for a partner cause he used me to practice anyhow- it was kinda scary...but overall it went well- So anyhow- thats that- I just have a couple pix of Jeremy, Sam, Isaac and then Me and My Buddies from Halloween night-

Guys and Gals from my ward here- Me, Will, Sandi, Barbara and Sean-- we had all started out in costumes- but this is taken after we got back into GP after the dance and we had all kinda started to take away from our outfits-

Sam was "Edward" off the Disney movie Narnia-

I think he liked having a sword

Jeremy I think was Robin Hood-

My mom made both of thier costumes :)

Sam and Isaac

Jordyn and Zach- former Co- Workers and good friends from church-- I loved their costumes- they even had woopie cushions duct taped to the bottom of thier shoes so when they walked it'd make funky sounds- so funny-

-------------
-- ------------------------- ---------------------------
and more news from work! I'm still in the Packing dept- an
d since we are so ahead (as I mentioned earlier) it wont be uncommon for us to have a Friday off- they are also cutting back on our hours (which I'm bummed about- I NEED MONEY!!!) so we start 30 min earlier- and finish an hour earlier as well...and I think lunch is cut short as well... Getting off earlier is swell- However, only Jonathan and I have the new schedule- Holly still starts at the same time, and gets off at the same time- so she will have to wait longer to begin work- and we are going to have to wait for her after work...thank goodness for the Harry and David Bakery and Free Treats at anytime of the night to keep me and my tummy entertained- (until I get home- thats when I REALLY start to enjoy good food) so this new time schedule starts Monday- we'll see how things go- More good news from work- along with that- Holly, Jonathan and I are transfering to the Call Center for Harry and David- so we'll be on the phone and computer all day (which I'm not too excited about- I'm expecting to get headaches much more often...) we'll be making orders etc- the thing I am excited about is our hours- instead of swing shift, we all managed to be hired for the day shift (we are so lucky to have gotten the same schedules..) so we will start between the hours of 7-9 am and will go until around 330-530---so it'll be easier for me to transission to school when it comes time, which was one of the things that worried me with swing shift- so I will be starting my job training for the Call Center around Nov 17th-

Some Folks Were Wanting Some Recent Fall Pictures of Me- So Here Yall Go-





2 comments:

Lanette said...

CUTE COSTUMES! And you look lovely. :) Love ya!

Lanette said...

You need to post about your college life!