Monday, May 25, 2009

bag of skittles

I was just sittin at home minding my own business- thinking about what to do for my last night being alone in this seemingly massive apt.... when i heard a few fast hard knocks at my door. I could tell just by the rythem it was ding n dash- so i looked out the window instead of checking the door. It was a car load of my FHE bro.s I'd gone to the lake with today (I got SOO sunburned!!) I just waved at them in the car, while they were waiting for James (their runner) to run down 3 flights of stairs... then I waited a few minutes, and checked the door. I found a bag of Skittles with a note tapped to it reading

                      "If there's an even number of skittles, I'm asking you out;  
                                    If there's not, eat one and count again." Jonathan Robinson 

(Jacob- remember talking to him on the phone? Yep- that's the one) So there were 58 skittles. I called him, and said yes- which means tomorrow at 10am I'll be hiking R Mountain. Last time I went to R Mountain I got a tick, so I'll have to plan a little better this time. 

So besides getting majorly sunburned at the lake today, we also had hamburgers and played water games, which was when one of my FHE bros Kelsey picked me up- held me over his head and then dumped me in the lake... like I wasn't already wet enough. He actually did that twice. He was just mad that I'd blocked the football so he couldn't catch it. 


4 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

So fun! Reading your fun posts reminds me of my good ol' Rexburg days...good times! Enjoy them!

Lorinda said...

Ouch, your back! Didn't your mother ever teach you about sunscreen?

Rachel said...

unfortunately, its more than just my back- my arms got it pretty bad (not as bad...) and my legs got a little, and my feet and toes got scorched...it's gonna make wearing socks horrible, but at least I dance barefoot in class. I think most of it will turn tan, except my back, my back will probably just peel like crazy :/

Lanette said...

Cute skittles thing! And yes, your burn looks painful. How weird--it seems we're opposite when it comes to getting colored from the sun. I don't tan or burn hardly ever, sunscreen or not, and when I do, everything peels and goes white EXCEPT my back! Huh.