It's been a nice break. We didn't have any school on Thursday or Friday, and I don't work at all Saturday. Quite nice!! My roommate Kellie got back from her trip to Germany and California late Wednesday afternoon, right after my other 2 roomies had left. I was so glad to see her after two months and hear all of her fun stories. She even brought me back a surprise- John Deere stickers I LOVE THEM!!!! Thanks Kellie :)
Wednesday night, we invited some friends (at least, the ones still in town) to come over to watch "the Birds" I made homemade breadsticks, we chatted for a bit and then started the movie. I had already seen "The Birds" before, and so had Travis, but the others hadn't yet- it was fun to watch it again with those who hadn't seen it yet. All us girls ended up on the same loveseat.... and even though it was in the 80s, we all ended up sharing a blanket too....good movie!!!
Thursday our hometeacher Ian invited Kellie and I to go to the lake, Monkey rock to be exact. It was perfect weather, and the water was a little cold, but not too bad. It was mostly the snakes and fish, and other little lizard looking swimmie things that made me cautious. It wasn't too crowded either. There were pretty little rock waterfalls that you could stand under and even climb since the water wasn't too deep (maybe at my shoulder's??) I did get sunburned though, pretty bad. kellie and I both did. All down my arms, and shoulders and back- sleeping last night was a pain (get it?) my back and shoulders and some of my arms are still lobster red, but my arms are mostly just tan now. serioulsy, Idaho is the place to tan. Usually I just burn and peel- but now I burn (badly) and then within a couple of days it turns tan....I should do a before and after picture for summer, it'd be great to see the contrast!! gotta luv summer
My family came up to Rexburg to visit me, and then they took me down to UT for a bit to see some other family. It was fun to see Lanette and Shaun again, they are always so hospitable. We went to a Decker family reunion, celebrated my mom's birthday, went to the Oquirr temple open house and did lots of driving!!! But it was worth it. I saw some Cook cousins that I hadn't seen in like 6 yrs, and other cousins I hadn't seen for a while too.
But its also good to be home. I have some job interviews, pretty confident that I will be starting a new job next week sometime. I'm so excited to have Kellie as a co-worker. I'll post some pictures soon from this fun filled yet still relaxing 4th of July break later on.
2 comments:
It was so good to see you and your apartment and I'm so happy that Kelly is back! I know you missed her terribly! Give me a call when you get your phone back!
Ouchy! Good luck with the sunburn. That sounds painful. Love ya!
Post a Comment