Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moving and Our New House

SO we've been living here for just about a month, I figured it was about time I blog about our new place. Originally, we moved in with the TV broken, the Oven broken, the fridge and freezer both didnt work (so our milk, frozen chicken, eggs etc were all wasted...frustrating..) and the shower drains in the bathroom closest to my room dont work at all. The drains still dont work well, so we use the bathroom on the other end of the house. We kicked the TV a couple times, so thats fine now. Our fridge and freezer work now...off and on- but usually on. Our oven works as well too!! So its all good now. I love living in an actual home instead of an apt. If I didn't have a contract for fall, I'd continue to live in my current housing. Maybe for the winter semester. Our home is pretty old, just about a hundred years old, with a refurbished kitchen. I love most of all having real neighbors (with kids and all!!) and indoor laundry. We also have a secret back door. Its kinda creepy, but its fun to explore. We are in the basement. (We were both hoping we would be, or maybe I just was?....No, we both were- its a lot cooler down here.) We can hear all the beautiful plumbing upstairs, and foot steps....however for some reason, it makes me happy, weird I know, but its kinda homely that way....maybe? I'm still not sure why I like it so much...I've always loved falling asleep to wind and rain, so maybe hearing the plumbing upstairs is the next best thing? The girls upstairs are really nice too. We have a lot of other cool neighbors, most of them we havn't met yet.I think once we move back to apts, I'll feel cheated- but its fun for now, and really cheap.

A friend from back in Oregon came up to visit, Anaelisa. It's so fun to have a guest room. I got flowers and some of my picture frames to make it a little more homely- I put my sheets on her bed, and my blanket etc. Its so fun!! I think I should someday run a bed and breakfast since I love to spoil guests and make pancakes...previously another friend, Stephanie came to stay with us as well. That was fun too. So anyone and everyone, if you want a place to stay- come to our home, we have 2 beds and your own bathroom!!! Tempting? I thought so.
So Pictures... (I finally have time to post some..)



*The Smaller, not usable bathroom..the plumbing stinks (sink and shower dont work) The other bathroom is bigger, and a little more recent.*

*Char's Bedroom Window, that is the back parking lot for visitors. We are in the basement obviously...*

*The Front Enterance- No one has died...yet. I love the stones there though.*
*Our Stove With Flowers I Found*

*The Front View of the Whole House.*





*The Front Door to our Basement*


*The kitchen at Danbury*


*The Living Room at Danbury, its very open- lots of space, before we decorated it...*


* A Bedroom at La Jolla. *
*The Vanity at La Jolla*

As you can see, La Jolla is nicer than Danbury Manor- but I like the ghetto. Most of my guy friends live in ghetto housing. I like it, and it seems a little more homely in my opinion when things dont work too great. Like I told Joseph, "Its like camping...just different!!"

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

Camping! Rachel, surely this isn't like camping! Fire with wood you had to scavenger around to find -vs- stove (turn the switch and it's on!), faucet on a pole surrounded by dirt/mud! -vs- sink & soap with walls and privacy, here's hoping there aren't rocks, twigs or potholes in your floor! Sorry, I just couldn't resist reminding you how the 'real camping' thing works. Your house is fabulous from the outside. Too bad they divided it up into apartments. Love you! MOM

Rachel said...

Its only a top and bottom, I wouldn't say they divided it that much. The top is MUCH nicer. It is nice to have stoves etc, except the fact that they don't work as they should, which reminds me of camping...thanks though