Thursday, April 22, 2010

FHE and life

FHE on Monday was great. My neighbor friend Rand is in my group, and I convinced Amy (a friend I met through Brian last weekend) to attend the ward here, so she came with me to FHE. It was fun, we ate chips and salsa and played "the celebrity game" which I was horrible at. I'm not very familiar with celebrities. The game goes like this: everyone jots down a celebrity name and puts the paper in a bowl. there are 3 rounds; 1st round you go around and just like catch phrase you try and get others to guess who the celebrity is; after you run out of names, its on to round 2 where you reuse the same names, and try to get people to guess again but the "it" person can only use one word to describe the celebrity...after you go through all the names, you start a 3rd round where its like charades and you have to act the celebrities out... lets just say I'm glad my turn was during the first round, and not the third. While we were deeply in tune with out game, one of the guys snuck out and turned the sprinklers on ha ha- it was pretty entertaining to watch and hear the girls (and a few guys, intimidating the girls) screaming with arms flying over their heads and running for cover. I just kinda stood there with Amy, like "What? It's hot outside- this feels good!!" which is I guess why he turned the sprinklers on in the first place. We had about 43 people total, some had work or finals to study for I guess- it was a good large group.

It snowed this morning. Yesterday we had a thunder/ lightning rainstorm....Tuesday we had a gorgeous sunny day- I love the unpredictableness. I have a date tomorrow morning, the plan is to go out for pancakes after going hiking...but who knows if those plans will be altered with the unknown weather. Allen and Loreena are gonna have their guns ready- trying to intimidate him. However, he's kinda a farm boy so I doubt he'll feel threatened...he probably has one too in his car I bet. It'll be interesting. My last date they didn't worry about cleaning their guns or interrogating because they liked the guy...and because he lives next door, so they would know where to find him or just talk to his parents over the fence. I'm excited. It's nice to have a normal dating life.

No comments: