I had a fabulous weekend! It was good to see my family again- the weekend went by fast, but was a good vacation. Eric and Hannah's wedding was a lot of fun- my cousins are hilarious. I had a good time attending church with my dad- one of his old college roomies had a son giving his homecoming talk on Sunday, so we went to that. It was a great talk and he seems like a cool guy. We met up at their house following sacrament meeting and enjoyed some delicious food and good company.
On Monday, my friends Caitlyn, Tang and I went for a hike to Waterfall Canyon. It was a killer up hill hike- but so worth it when we got to the top and felt wind push some of the water from the falls in our direction. It was gorgeous. I think we're gonna start going on weekly hikes from now on- the weather is finally acting like summer!! I love waking up in the brisk morning air, going on a good hard hike and getting back just as the sun is getting hot. I'm looking forward to getting familiar with other hiking spots in this area.

Life has been crazy. I am really enjoying working at Noodles and Company- these last few days we've been beyond busy during mornings. It's ridiculous. Yesterday we even ran out of silverware for our guests, and instead of our food being a quick 4 min wait, we had a line out the door and an additional half hour wait (at one point, it was even an hour wait on food) but still the customers came non stop. It was nuts!! Our chief was loosing his mind. It went on for hours upon hours, I had the best job...just smiling and greeting each customer acting as if the kitchen behind me wasn't any different than usual. Corporate had come in for a visit from CO, and ended up getting their own aprons and helping in the kitchen with their nice business attire on. It was fun. Today we had the same thing, except with less people working- after the unexpected rush my manager bought us smoothies from Jamba Juice for being so awesome :) However, I am still not getting the hours I want. I'm barely working 20 hrs this week, instead of full time as I was promised. Kinda frustrating. I am starting to look for yet another job, since this one looks like it'll be part time from now on.
1 comment:
Hello, Rachel. Just wanted you to know we read your blog. I enjoyed our brief visit too. See you in another 6 weeks!
Post a Comment