Monday night (FHE had been earlier in the afternoon so I had the evening free) it was my turn to be in charge of our "surprise date" I took him to a city baseball game (a friend got free tickets from work and gave them to me :D and Ogden won!) We had super good seats right in front of home plate. Brian was so surprised and excited- what a goof. Afterwards we went to a breakfast place called Village Inn where we had coupons for a free piece of pie with any entree dish. I'd been planning on also watching a movie, but it was getting kinda late so we decided just to play a couple games of uno (he has never won me yet- so its starting to get less exciting, so we changed up the rules- playing face up so the opponent can see both players cards, there's a lot more strategy when you know who holds the draw 2s and wilds etc...) I had also written a funny poem, and gave that to him as well with 2 small bottles of body wash I got for super super cheap at Bath and Body Works. (they smell SO good!) Brian is in charge of the next surprise date night- and I'm starting to plan my next one already. It's so fun!!
Tuesday I was able to hang out with my previous neighbor Lorraine- she and I had a blast. I miss living close to her!! She showed me some things from when she taught English in Japan back in 2004. It was so fun to see her pictures, and hear stories!!! She and Aunt Linda get along great!!!
I'm hoping to be able to switch around my work schedule so I can go down to Cedar City to help Grandma and Grandpa Jones move this weekend- but since we get our schedules so late, I'm not sure if that will be possible. But I'm crossing my fingers still!! I'm not sure if I will be able to visit them much in August as I'll be working much more hours and have so many other last minute things to take care of, in addition to a couple family weddings etc. crazy!
4 Weeks and 5 days until I leave for China!!! (and I have since learned that Sara and I will be staying an extra week after other teachers- how cool is that?!!?) My new return date is January 7th- I'm waiting for my visa to process and other than that things are pretty much settled.
1 comment:
Surprise date nights are a great idea! We might take that one into our lives =) Love you!
Post a Comment